
Now that the weather has warmed a little, we have once again taken up our favorite summer pastime of frisbee golfing at the local course. OK, this is really Tom's favorite (because he is stinkin' AMAZING at it and places at all the area tournaments!), but he lets us come along and Derek and I are learning together. Dallan gets to ride in the stroller and play at the park when we are done.
If you are really savvy with a frisbee (like my Tom), you actually call it a "disc" and thus "disc golf", and carry a specialized bag full of expensive, varying weight "discs" including distance drivers, putters, etc... Yes, you would think that this being like and actual SPORT I would normally run and hide, but I actually quite enjoy it. Last summer I even bought a basket to practice putting in our backyard!! Roller blades here I come!!! OK, so I'm still scared of all sports that require balance. Oh, and balls. And teams. He he. But I am seriously thinking about trying to play in our famous family four-square tournment this year.





2 comments:
YAY! Another post! I hate disc golf. Probably because I'm no good at it.... and that the few times I went I was bombarded by mosquitoes. No good.
Can't wait to try. I guess this is what you do when you retire from Ultimate Frisbee?
Post a Comment