Yesterday morning, the principal at Tom's high school asked Tom if he was going to the school awards assembly that night. Tom wasn't planning on it, but the principal asked him to come, dressed up, and to bring me. I was very excited and very proud when Tom was called up on stage and awarded the Larry Findley Leadership Award! It is a brand new award that the school awards to an all-around, outstanding teacher who displays excellence in all areas: leadership, going the extra mile, being innovative, caring about student learning, being involved in extra-curricular activities, and all around being an outstanding teacher. (I wish I could remember all of the areas that the principal listed) There was even a nice cash prize from an anonymous donor. Way to go Tom!!!!!
I get several compliments a week from students who have been in Tom's classes, and from their parents. When I think of Lincoln's quote "whatever you are, be a good one" I think of Tom. We love you!
1 comment:
Way to go Tom! Congratulations on your award. That is really neat! :)
Post a Comment