CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back from Camp


So I survived my first girl's camp as a Young Women's counselor. I wouldn't exactly call it "camp", more like "Girl's Vacation Week" since we stayed in a really nice lodge with showers, ovens, TV's, etc..... but it was fun and I really liked getting to know the girls a little better. We have a great ward and some exceptional youth. I also love my fellow young women leaders. The camp leader did a great job and had many activities that focused on building self-esteem, giving service, building testimony, etc.... messages that were good for myself as well. It was super-cold and we spent a lot of time in the lodge, and by the fourth day there was a little too much estrogen in one place, but it was still a success, I thought.


Tom did a great job holding down the fort, of course. He and the boys had a fun week together, and he proved once again that he can do everything better than me, including being a housewife. :o)


Here are some fun pictures of the boys, since I haven't posted for a while....

Dallan as super flasher cowboy


Derek riding his bike with cape, boxing gloves and preschool graduation cap!

Derek enjoying the smores we made on our new patio fire pit (still waiting for the patio).
And here are some videos of Dallan singing. We love his cute little voice so we make him sing for the camera.



3 comments:

Dusty and Carol said...

What a cute singer!!! Those videos were adorable. Congratulations on surving girls camp. It is always fun - but sometimes there is way to much estrogen in one place!!! With a house full a boys - sometimes I wonder if a little estrogen wouldn't be nice!!! I think you have the right idea for Father's Day. Anything that would give you a night off cooking - Thats my kind of gift.

Us Lochers said...

Melanie, you're gorgeous.... still. I was thinking that the "camp" ground you were at had some really nicely trimmed grass.... then I kept reading and realized you weren't really camping.

Glad you had fun!

Amanda said...

What happened to the days of digging your own hole for an outhouse and digging a trench around your tent to prevent flooding and cooking over a campfire and.....I think I would prefer camping at a nice lodge too. ;)

Dallan is a cutie! I think of him everytime I hear that apologize song. :)

Can't wait to see you guys next month!!!