CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Boy name ideas??

We have a pretty large list of boy names we are considering, but nothing is quite jumping out at us right now. If any of you have any good ideas out there, feel free to send some our way. Can't guarantee we'll use them, of course, but it would be fun to see any suggestions. We are not going on in the "D" trend, that was not really intentional, so no more "D" names. Before I was married I always wanted to name a son "Davis", but now that is definitely out for a couple reasons. :o)

I know some people wait until the baby is born to see what they look like and what name "fits" them. Since our babies come out looking like angry bowling balls for at least the first 48 hours (I hope that doesn't sound mean, I still think they are the cutest things ever!!), if I went along with that plan, our babies would have names like Bruno, Butch or Gus.

Do you think I eat to much junk food when I'm pregnant or what?? :o)

Derek newborn picture
Dallan newborn picture
Gotta love 'em!!!

/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the chubby babies! Dont mind me I just dropped over from Darla's blog... here are names I like... My son's name is Ryken... I also like Milo, Keegan, Jonas, and Jonah.

Us Lochers said...

There was just a study on the radio that criminal activity is related to what a boys name is. The more popular/common, the less likely they will be delinquent. It might all be hooey, but I thought I should throw it out there.
Here are some names that are around:
Nathaniel, Matthew, Wyatt, Jackson, Logan, Atlin, Landon, Ethan, Zebediah, Cody, Daniel, Owen, Tyler.... mostly the usual suspects. I do like Mikals boys name, Ryken.

JoLene said...

Hi Melanie! I saw your blog on Heidi's. You are hilarious! DeeAura is an unusual name- and she is not a criminal ;) However, I would not suggest her name for a boy... but it does start with a "D"
:)

Dorene said...

Oh my! I forgot how cute and chubby your boys were as babies! How about the name Harley?? haha - bet you haven't heard that before! If I think of any boy names I'll send them your way.

APeck said...

Ohmigosh! Your boys look nothing like their pictures now. How funny. My friend is naming their boy Cale but she typed it incorrectly on her blog and typed Cael--which I like the "misspelled" version better. But you know me and the hidden drive of instant individuality. By the way, there is no hope for Koen for his "deliquent" behavior...or is there? I'd hate to see what the article said about girls names because Daradie would really be off the charts.

Amanda said...

I have never seen those pictures of the boys. Oh my goodness, they are so cute! I'm glad you didn't go with Bruno, Butch and Gus! lol

I guess David is out, huh? ;)

If I think of any good names I'll let you know.

Dusty and Carol said...

Boy baby names - I have a list a mile long. Do you like traditional names or original? The names that I like are Cooper, Ryker, Brayden, Oak, and Brenn. When I think of some more I will send them your way!

Anonymous said...

Since Andy is unable to have any boys, he is really hoping that you would name your next after him. He would like it to be Andrew Tom Ballou Jr. You could call him Drew.
Just an idea! :)

Mary Ann said...

Melba.i saw your blog on kristi's blog, so i thought i would snoop a little. because i am bored at work. anyway, i love names. here are some that i like: phineas (you can call him phin. or fin. or finny. so cool, i think), atticus, jonas, remmington, van, vance, grant, micah, lukas, gabe.
unless you have already had the little dude. perhaps you already chose a name, too. anyway, keep it real.