CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Good Reads - At least for me

So once I took up reading again last fall, I have gotten back into the habit of picking up a novel at night. It's a nice excuse to unwind and put up my now elephant-looking feet, while Tom is absorbed with Mad Money or whatever riveting documentary he can find to watch. (Love you honey!) I've been trying out different books at the library and have found an author that I quite like - Lynn Austin. I got tired of the old books that you have to wade through all the complicated language to figure out what's really going on, and a lot of the modern books are filled with language and topics that are a little distasteful, so I really liked this author's approach. Her books are mostly historical, with some romance, some mystery, and even some nice all-around Christian morals included. If any of you are interested, some of my favorites are:

Candle in the Darkness


Fire by Night


A Light to my Path

Hidden Places


If any of you have other suggestions for good books you want to pass on, let me know. Of course, I think my reading days will be over in a few weeks, but you can pass them on just in case. :o)

1 comment:

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Are you ready, skidaddy! Mad Money is awesome... At least I (Chris) think so.

We have been trying to read 20 minutes a night, but lately we've been distracted by the Jazz getting beat on the road or flashpoint and NCIS.

Good luck with the last few weeks before #3 arrives.