For Value experience #7 in Choice and Accountability, we had a financial planner come and talk to the girls about how important it is to start now to be financially responsible. Then we did an activity were I gave each of the girls 15-20 (I don't remember exactly how many) dry beans, and the following paper
http://www.behsscience.com/Mel/Beansyouthactivity.doc
and they had to allocate their money (beans) to be able to get the things they wanted. I think it was a pretty successful activity. Some girls thought it was a breeze and others struggled to stretch their beans.
For Good Works Value Experience #1, we did an activity I found online where you set up tables like a restauraunt, give the girls a menu with items included things like "your mom made you lunch", "your brother opened the door for you", "your teacher stayed late to help you with your homework", etc..... and then the leaders dressed up with aprons and went around and asked the girls, "are you being served?" Then we read the required scriptures together, and showed this short video that we made:
http://www.portraitsbymel.net/
Then we gave each girl a personalized, laminated credit card handout to remind them for at least two weeks to be aware of the small acts of service people do for them every day.

1 comment:
Can you be my YW leader? These are great ideas!!! I will be using them. Thanks for always letting me use your "A" material. I have a great activity planned next week that I put alot into and thought I would let you know about it. I will email you later.
Post a Comment