CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Goods and Bads

Things I am loving right now.....

#1 I love this time of year. I'm not crazy about the heat, but I just love having my flowers in full bloom and vegetables ready to pick. I love going to the grocery stores and fruit stands and getting lots of fresh produce. I love the anticipation of a new school year and making new goals to get organized (and believing that this year I might actually do them). :o)

#2 My new carpet! For anyone who's been to my house in the past. Just a note that it is now safe to put your children down on my floors. The carpet was way past due and is finally here! I hope the new carpet smell with hold on for a long time.

#3 My family! Okay, I love my family all the time and I should've probably listed them first, but I talk about them in every post, so....

#4 I love having Tom home in the mornings and I can go out walking early. Something about getting out first thing in the morning while it's still cool, with your favorite songs playing on your ipod and the sun not quite peaking through the mountains yet, it's so refreshing and a great way to start the day. I will miss when Tom goes back to work (for many reasons, by the way), and I have to go back to my elliptical or else push a stroller around with me. Oh well. I'm still very lucky, I know.


OK - Things I do NOT love right now.....

Note: I consider myself a pretty easy-going person. Maybe some people could argue with that, but I try to understand both sides of any argument, and I pride myself in the fact that I don't get offended too easily. With that said, I do have some things that are driving me crazy:

#1 People who treat their dogs better than their children or their grandchildren. I have seen this in several cases and it drives me nuts. Dogs are very trendy right now, and everyone knows I'm not a dog lover (not even a little bit), but I do appreciate the fact that many people do love them. I know they have their good qualities. I just hate when I see people Oooh and Aaahh over the dog, talk to it in a lovey dovey voice, and then turn to their kids and bark some mean command or comment. Or people who pay no attention when their kids or grandkids are talking to them, but every bark and move the dog makes gets some wonderful response. Arghh....

#2 I am a little tired of being asked to sign up for store credit cards everywhere I shop. Do people really have cards for every different store they shop in? Sad. I guess I could save a lot of money on those initial sales, but I just hate the idea of credit cards and would like to check out without getting a sales pitch every time I do.

#3 I'll probably get some negative feedback on this one, but what the heck! I'm tired of all the little comments people make and emails that are sent around with jokes about how they wish our president would be assassinated. I think it's rediculous. I don't consider myself a democrat, nor do I think that Obama is making the best decisions for our country, but I'm really sick of good, Christian people wishing that the president of our own country would die. He was elected by a fair process and from that point on our focus as a country should always be work together to find ways to make our country better. Too much of politics seems focused on the competition of the two parties and it seems very counter-productive.

End of rant. :o) At least I have 4 good and 3 bad!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I can't believe there are things you hate! Now I don't feel so bad about my hate filled blog.
We need to come and smell that new carpet smell. That is awesome you got new carpet.
Lastly I 100% agree with you about your last comment. It is difficult when people send you aweful things and you know that they should know better than to spread that kind of hate and yuckiness.
Thanks for sharing your insights with us:)

Us Lochers said...

I hate the Obama haters too! I am not a democrat either, but I still feel that no matter who our president is, we should show some respect people! My mom is one of those people that think Obama is going to bring the end of the world to us. I keep trying to remind her that its going to happen when its going to happen... he may or may not be a part of that plan. It is what it is, make the best of it. Quit wasting your time talking about it and forwarding emails... do something about it!