CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Happenings

This summer we made a reading goal for Derek and the big reward was a trip to Lagoon. Well, he did really well so I gave him a little extension on the time and we went to Lagoon last Saturday. It was just Derek, Dallan, and myself. We had a blast! I hadn't been there since I was 18, and everything was so different. It's much prettier and cleaner than I remember, with a lot more options for kids. Derek fell in love with a couple rides, and we got Dallan to go on 5 kiddie rides so I considered that quite a large victory.
And a friend invited me to go to a Jazzercise class last night. It was a lot of fun! Although, nobody was wearing cool leotards like these ladies, that would have been even cooler. :o) I would love to keep going regularly, but that might have to wait for another time and place in my life. And that's OK. At least now I know that I like it and it can be an option in the future when things aren't so busy.

And I know I just posted about this, but I decided to try and take some quality portrait-type pics of my kids. I made them pose around the yard and give me their best smiles. I think they turned out really well. If anyone wants me to practice on them, let me know. I won't even make you pay an arm and a leg. :o)

1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

Very cute. Your kids have crazy blue eyes... meaning REALLY blue... not crazy, like their dad (of course). he he he