Do you suppose there is such thing as a social handicap? If so, I think I have it. :o) I tend to be a little bit introverted, or maybe it's just selfishness, or shyness, who knows. I genuinely like almost everyone and yet I tend to avoid many social interactions simply because I'm not GOOD at being social. But I have been trying for some time to change this about myself. To make a conscious effort to look around me and see how I can be more outwardly friendly. Sometimes it works, other times I feel pretty dumb. BUT-- I'm going to keep plugging because I think it's a worthwhile goal.
Is this something you can become better at? Is there a class for this? Hmm... I think that's what kindergarten was for. :o)
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just barely cathing up on your blog.... and I have found, because I feel socially handicapped as well... that it's a game of self confidence. When you're confident in yourself you become more confident is social situations. I am so wise in my old age right?
Post a Comment