CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 01, 2011

Favorite Things

It's been a while since I posted a list of some of my favorite things. I've found a couple treasures in the last few weeks so of course I might as well share. :o)

-My Chi gave out on me after 5 years, so being the cheap person I am, I decided to read online and see if any of the retail straighteners have improved vastly in the last five years. I was very skeptical, but I found this one for $40 that had amazing reviews on Amazon and Walmart.com, even from previous Chi users. So I crossed my fingers and bought it. Guess what? It works just as fast as my Chi, and my hair stays straight just as long. Love saving money!

-I don't love exercising, especially in the summer. So I have to find movies on Netflix Instant Play to keep my attention long enough to get me through 30-40 minutes of elliptical blah. Guess what I found? The old TV series of Beauty and the Beast that I watched when I was little. Cheesy plots, cheesy music, cheesy effects, rediculous villians, and a hero who looks like he's wearing a midevil spacesuit most of the time. PERFECT, entertainment for exercising! Haven't missed a day. Thank you Netflix!

-Bubba's brand Whole Wheat Honey Bagels. I usually don't like bagels, but these are better than most and are something whole wheat that I actually like. The kids like them toasted with PB&J and I like whipped cream cheese.

-On the same note...Whole wheat white flour. My kids actually like when I make pancakes, waffles, and muffins with this stuff. It took me a long time to attempt it but I found a bag at Walmart that wasn't too expensive and decided to try it. Glad I did.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I have been looking for a new straightener so I am pumped.
I also LOVED Beauty and the Beast growing up. I went to put it in the queue and you should have seen the face Lance gave me. I think when he married me he lost his sense of humor cause that show can be nothing but hilarious now.
I have a recipe for Oatmeal Maple scones that uses whole wheat flour and it is really good. The kids (including Lance) really like it.