A few months ago some ladies in my ward, both of which are a few years older than me, asked me if I wanted to go shopping in Ogden with them. During the course of the evening we went to clothing stores and they only looked at items in the Juniors sections of the department stores. So I decided maybe I AM just clueless and I should try to look "trendier". I have bought a few "junior" items of clothing since then, but I always feel a little silly when I'm wearing the same shirt as the thirteen-year-old next door.
So..... while shopping for school clothes for the boys last week, I come across this top in the middle of the isle between the Juniors and Misses sections. Sweet! Looks good..
It's not a style I've tried before, but I think it looks cute and stylish on the mannequin, so I buy it. Today I wear it to church. And as I sit down and look around, I notice that a 60-ish grandma one isle over is wearing the same shirt. I had to laugh. I point it out to Tom, and he chuckles and says "Well, I always thought Shirley had a sense of style". Then the only other comment I received was when I walked into the library and the four elderly librarians mentioned how nice I looked today. He, He, He.
So where do you guys shop (all 2-3 people who read my blog)?
7 comments:
LOL! Mel you are hilarious. You care way too much what others think. I bet the blouse looked gorgeous on you. I shop everywhere! Macy's, JcPenneys, Rue 21. And never think you're too old for anything. Because if you are then I am too. And I'm not ready to shop in the old ladies section ;)
Ha Ha, I do tend to over-anaylze, don't I? I love making fun of my own quirks. And you've always had style Manda, so you wouldn't understand. :o)
I hate shopping :( I never fit into what I think I should! LOL... I like Kohles, but like you I'm not sure where to look in the stores for anything - I wish I had someone to go with to help me find some style! (before someone reports me to what not to wear...)
The shirt is cute and will be insanely cute on you! The last time I bought some clothes for myself was when I needed a shirt that wasn't a free t-shirt and got two nice looking ones at target for $8.
I own a pair of jeans with the back half elastized. That's right. I'm not the person to ask about fashion.
You guys are awesome! My favorite two everyday shirts are actually maternity shirts I got on clearance at Ross a few years ago! Yes, maternity shirts.. I'm all about comfort :o)
I do my clothes shopping on http://shirt.woot.com/
Post a Comment