So it's almost August and I don't want summer to be over yet. Although the kids might do well with a little break from each other. :o) We have taken a few day trips so far: Spiral Jetty, Bear Lake, Reunions, Lagoon, but no big vacations yet. We're going to head to Denver this weekend and see Tom's dad and step-mom, and we'll probably hit Water World while we're there (an AMAZING water park for kids of all ages if you're ever in Denver) At the start of the year we really wanted to plan a Disneyland trip this fall, but too many other things have come up to spend money on.... so maybe in a year or two.
Here are some random things going on with us:
Tom is a full time Drivers Ed. Teacher this summer, so he hasn't been home a lot. I'll admit the job scares me and I'm EXTREMELY proud of him for doing it, and for not complaining about having to do it. The extra money is very nice too. :o)
Tom also found time to build the boys a fort in the backyard. They LOVE it. It has two stories and the second story has a gate they can open to jump down on to our high jump mat. They have a blast and it only scares me a little bit. I'll post pics when it's all the way completed.
Derek is turning eight this month! Crazy how time flies.
Dallan is finally warming up to swimming lessons and no longer seems terrified, which is a big step for him.
Jace is doing well and getting better and better. Still OBSESSED with everything to do with trains.
I am planning my first piano recital. Should be fun. My students seem to be excited, so I hope it goes well. I have eight students now, plus my own kids.
Monday, August 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment