Well, lets see..... last weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. Good ol' class of 1998 from Union High School in Roosevelt, UT. I helped some in the planning and was a little nervous about how it was going to turn out, having never actually been to a high school reunion, but it was really fun. Thanks to everyone who came and supported us. Many of my close friends from high school were able to make it, so it was great to see them and catch up.Most of the old gang here (minus Amanda who left earlier, and Vanessa who was on her honeymoon)
I must say it was kind of weird to be Melanie 'McKee' again, and go to the UBIC (Roosevelt's big annual celebration) and everything, but it was fun to take Tom and the boys and show them a little of my home town fun. I can't believe I haven't even been back to UBIC in ten years!
I must say it was kind of weird to be Melanie 'McKee' again, and go to the UBIC (Roosevelt's big annual celebration) and everything, but it was fun to take Tom and the boys and show them a little of my home town fun. I can't believe I haven't even been back to UBIC in ten years!After the festivities, Tom and I were able to leave the kids with my parents and go on a little mini-vacation all by ourselves. The first one in five years (since Derek was born). It was fun, although I must say it was weird not having the house or kids to worry about for two days. We went up to Midway and stayed in a cute resort place called "Inn on the Creek", it is next to the Homestead Resort. It was very pretty. We pretty much had the place to ourselves for two days, and didn't really even see an employee until the day we checked out.

The first day we did some shopping and went up around Tibble Fork Reservoir. It's so beautiful up there. The second day we went up and rode the Alpine Coaster at Park City Mountain Resort. I'm somewhat of a scaredy-pants when it comes to heights, but it was really fun, and I actually want to go back and try the zip line sometime.
Tom and I before the ride started
Let's see, what else.... Tom and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary a couple weeks ago. Eight years!!! I thought I would be a perfect wife by now, but I'm still having to work on that. Poor Tom! :o) He's very patient with me, and I'm very grateful for him.Derek just finished up his second session of swimming lessons. He loves the water now, and I'm so proud of him for being so brave this year. Last year we could barely pry off his death grip when we were in the pool, and now he will go down the big water slide all by himself.


What else, hmmmm...... I am looking forward to the olympics starting. Tom says its the one time every two years when I will actually sit down and watch a sporting event on TV with him. It's true, I do hate sports on TV, but the Olympics are awesome!!!



5 comments:
Melanie, you are SO cute! I cannot believe you have been married for 8 years! Time flies. You and Tom are such a cute couple and I am glad that you could spend a couple of days together with out the kids.
I hope you were teasing about the look on your faces...it made me laugh!
You guys barely look scared on the ride.
Brian and I love going 4-wheeling up near Tibble Creek. It's a really pretty area, fun trails.
There was something else I wanted to say.... oh yeah, you're officially old. he he he
Love the before and after pictures! :)
I am glad that you guys were able to get some alone time together. Looks like a beautiful place!
Happy belated anniversary!!! :)
Oh I can't believe I missed the picture! I'm such a bonehead! You guys look great at the reunion. It was a lot of fun. Happy Anniversary too! I remember your reception! Here we are eight years later....where did the time go? Love YA! Hasta, Manda
Ugh! I wish I had missed the picture and what is with that face on my husband?! I love Midway! It sounds like you had a great time. I remember your reception too you were such a beautiful bride.
Post a Comment