CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Edward vs. Edward

OK, so a couple weeks ago Tom went on a school trip to Indianapolis for a whole week, and in the evenings after the kids went to bed I decided to indulge and get out my favorite book, Jane Eyre. I think it's probably the second time I have picked up an actual novel or anything like it since I had the boys. Anyway, I absolutely love that book, that is after I skim through the first 10 chapters, which move VERY slowly. After I finished that book(again), I decided that I should start a habit of reading a little more in the evenings instead of getting bored with whatever Tom is watching on TV (love you, honey!) so I decided to finally get with the "in" crowd and see what all the fuss is about the Twilight books.

I must admit I've never been very intrigued by vampire stories, but I did quite enjoy the book, and will probably read the rest of them soon. I did think it was a little sensual for a teenage romance, but maybe I'm old fashioned. :o) Somehow the high school biology class setting wasn't quite as romantic as an 18th century mansion, and I prefer the rough Mr. Rochester to the "pale male model look-a-like" character of Edward Cullen, but I am intrigued to see the movie coming out soon. Not as much as I am looking forward to getting the new 4-hour movie version of Jane Eyre for Christmas, however. The other 10 versions haven't done the book justice. I'm hoping this one is much better.

2 comments:

Mike and Amanda said...

Okay you make a valid point with the Edward vs. Edward. BUT! You should still read the whole series. It's fun:) Read my blog! I dedicated the last one to you;) Love ya! Manda

Amanda said...

So glad that you finally decided to read them. ;) I agree that they are too sensual for teenagers. I am looking forward to the movie.

I haven't ever read Jane Eyre. I do love Jane Austin books, so I would probably enjoy Jane Eyre. Thanks for the recommendation.