CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

South Dakota

Another delayed post......

For fall break we took a road trip to South Dakota to visit Tom's sister and her family. They were great and we had a lot of fun with their cute kids, but overall, the vacation itself was a little bit of a disaster. In Rawlins, WY (about half way) we found out we had left Jace's bag at home, including all his diapers, clothes, shoes, etc... So we had to stop and get him all new stuff. When we got to Rapid City, within minutes of being at the McLaw's house, Dallan started having some serious trouble breathing. Fortunately we had found a cheap hotel and didn't have to sleep at their house. We couldn't figure out what he was having a reaction to but it got pretty scary a couple times and I had to get him a prescription breathing treatment. As soon as we got back home he was fine, but he's had a few small episodes since. I'm worried it's something that he might have to deal with throughout his life (asthma??). We still can't figure out the cause, but the two other times, he's started to get it while we were in Walmart. Weird.

Then, the second to last day, Tom got really sick to his stomach, which I think might have been food poisoning from a restaurant, and he was miserable all night.

We've had quite a busy year and gone on 3 long road trips (Vegas, Texas, and South Dakota) The kids have been amazing during all the long rides, especially Jace. The next trip I'm hoping will be to California. :o)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Lance has a crazy reaction to Benedryl. He can't breath and it is almost like his body shuts down. It is awful. I was grateful when we finally made the connection and he hasn't had a problem since.

Breezy said...

Sometimes I wonder why we take road trips. It seems like I'm always up all night with one kid or the other in a hotel room, but a few weeks after we get back all I remember are the good moments inbetween and I guess that makes it all worth it. Hope you don't mind me looking at your blog.